Field Mouse is a sunny single story family home, set in a secure award winning eco- estate and bird sanctuary, in Lake Michelle, Noordhoek. This self-catering home, with water frontage, is the ideal getaway for the whole family, including dogs. The family will have the use of a canoe, to use on the beautiful lake, as well as of the swimming pool. The estate offers excellent fishing for Carp or Tilapia off any off the jetties and boardwalks, bird watching and safe walks on pathways through the fynbos gardens and on the 4km path around the inside of the estate, and sundowners can be enjoyed at the scenic boathouse situated on the main lake.
The home offers sleeping space for 6 persons, with 3 bedrooms ( mes), a private TV lounge/den and open plan kitchen and lounge. There is a built in braai on the timber deck, as well as a weber braai. The garden is fully fenced , and dogs are welcome. There is a swimming pool, which is not fenced.
More information: There are two large shopping malls in Noordhoek featuring all the large grocery and clothing stores ( eg Woolworths, Pick and Pay, Checkers, Edgars, Foschini, Jet, Pizzaman, a Chinese take away, MacDonalds and KFC, etc) and a Virgin Active Gym. There are several restaurants in Noordhoek, including the well-known Red Herring and Monkey Valley Resort and restaurants, and at the rustic Farm Village there is a weekly food market and a hotel, De Noordhoek Hotel, a sushi bar, several restaurants and a deli. There is also a wine estate, Cape Point Vineyards, offering lunches, dinners and picnics with sweeping views of Noordhoek beach. Horse riding is offered at several stables in the village and the beautiful, wide Noordhoek beach offers horse rides on the beach, surfing and the historical Kakapo shipwreck. Hout Bay is a mere 10min drive away, along the scenic Chapman’s Peak drive.
- Bedrooms- 3
- Bathrooms- 2 plus guest cloakroom
- Dining room with 8 seater table
- Lounges and Entertainment areas- Large open plan kitchen and lounge with fireplace; dining room leading onto wooden pool deck with built-in braai and 8 seater patio table; separate TV lounge with two couches and desk
- Kitchen- fully equipped with dishwasher, gas stove and microwave oven
- Fireplace in lounge
- TV and available channels- There are TVs in the lounge, TV lounge and main bedroom. DSTV available
- Garage- No, but two safe parking areas available
- Air conditioner- No
- Housekeeper- available upon arrangement ( included in price, 2 x week, for rentals of 7 days or more). She will have access to washing machine and do laundry.
- Pets permitted- Yes
- Smoking permitted- No
Available only during School holidays Rates:
Peak Season: R2000 per day ( 15 December to 15 January and Easter school holidays)
Shoulder season: R 1750 per day (June/July and September school holidays)
15% discount on lets of 7 days or more.
- Distance to Noordhoek Beach- 4km
- Distance to shopping malls and gym- 2 km
- Distance to Noordhoek farm village and hotel and Cape Point Vineyards- 2km
- Distance to stables- 2.5 km
- Distance to Chapman’s Peak drive- 2.5km